Foreign Service Officer Test in Tokyo
The Foreign Service Officer Test will be administered at U.S. Embassy Tokyo on June 11, 2013. Registration for the exam is available online at www.careers.state.gov. Study guides and details regarding State Department careers are also available on the website. The deadline to register to take the test overseas is May 28.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens on the date they submit their registration package.
- On the day you submit your registration, you must be at least 20 years old and no older than 59 years of age.
- On the day you are appointed as a Foreign Service Officer, you must be at least 21 years old, and not yet 60.
- You must also be available for worldwide assignments, including Washington, D.C.
* Seats fill quickly, so we recommend registering well before
the application deadline.