Careers with the U.S. Mission in Japan
The U.S. Mission in Japan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.
Our organization continues to recruit the highest caliber staff for an opportunity to work with high-ranking officials in an international environment.
Interested applicants should review each position vacancy thoroughly to ensure that their application includes all necessary information.
|Position||Open to:||Application deadline|
|Student Intern (Public Affairs Section/Tokyo)||Undergraduate/Graduate student (non-U.S. citizens)||Feb. 23, 2015|
|Commercial Specialist (FCS-Tokyo)||All Interested Parties||Feb. 17, 2015|
|Commercial Assistant (FCS-Tokyo)||All Interested Parties||Feb. 17, 2015|
|Commercial Assistant (FCS-Osaka)||All Interested Parties||Feb. 17, 2015|
|Visa Assistant||All Interested Parties||Feb. 6, 2015|
|Student Intern (Volunteer / Fukuoka American Center)||Undergraduate/Graduate student (non-U.S. citizens)||Feb. 2, 2015|
|Administrative Assistant (FCS)||All Interested Parties||Jan. 30, 2015|
|Visa Assistant (Osaka)||All Interested Parties||Jan. 29, 2015|
|Administrative Clerk (FSI Yokohama)||All Interested Parties||Jan. 20, 2015|
- See also available positions at the official diplomatic residence.
- The U.S. Commercial Service is also recruiting foreign service officers.
For Embassy positions, please note:
- Foreign Service Officer Test in Tokyo
- Foreign Service Examination now available online!
- Application for Employment (DS-0174)
- Information about Mission employment and instructions for completing the DS-0174
- Statement of Interest Form for the Student Intern Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who May Apply
- Tips for applying
Please see equivalency charts for our English and Japanese language standards.