Social Security

If you reside in Japan and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in Tokyo:

American Embassy
1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8420

For comprehensive information on SSA's services abroad, please visit SSA's Service Around the World website.