Effective September 21, 2018, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Japan will only answer status inquiries concerning pending Non-Immigrant and Immigrant visa applications in the following cases:
- You have attended an interview and 10 business days have passed since the interview day, or
- You applied for a visa by mail and 10 business days have passed since the Embassy has received your documents, or
- You applied for new Treaty Trader Company Registration, and 1 month has passed since the Embassy has received your documents.
Please note: If your inquiry does not meet the requirements described above, you will NOT receive an email response. However, you may check the status of your visa case or track your passport online at any time, using the following links:
Online Visa Status Check (CEAC Status Check)
- Applicants may view the status of their visa cases via the CEAC website.
- For help in reading the status, please see this page for non-immigrant visas and this page for immigrant visas and K visas.
- You may track the location of your passport online here.
- For pre-interview inquiries about visas or pre-Company Registration inquiries regarding Treaty Trader visas, please contact our call center using this online form.
To send successfully, you must fill in all the appropriate fields.